PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2)

The Last Boyfriend - MacLeod Andrews, Nora Roberts I love Nora Roberts… she is the reason I love the Romance genre regardless of what age it is directed to. I don’t think there is a single book that she has written that I have not read! That being said, I was a little disappointed in this book, maybe its because I wasn’t really feeling a romance book at the time that I read it, but I felt like I was forcing myself to read it. Nora Roberts is always able to spin a tale that draws her readers in, and although generally when I crack open one of her books it takes maybe one or two chapters, which this one I didn’t really get into the story until about ¾ of the way through it. The characters are still flawless, and even in the first book I absolutely loved Avery because she is so quirky. But the book was just so expected. I like when a book throws me a good curve ball, and in romance novels it does seem to be harder to some authors to do, normally Nora Roberts is able to do it seamlessly, but in The Last Boyfriend there was nothing unexpected, no curve balls… it was still a very good book, and by the end I was reminded of WHY I love this author so much. I just wish there had been a bit more to the story. Overall, I would still recommend this book to everyone simply because the author is one of the best authors I have ever read, and I am still really excited about the final book in the trilogy which comes out later this year because Nora Roberts is the best author I know at wrapping up a series. Also in all honesty my main problem with getting into the story could just have been because at the time I started reading it, I was on a major paranormal binge, and had also just finished reading the Fever Series by Karen M. Moning which by the way may have slightly ruined me for all books in the near future.