PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

True - Erin McCarthy I requested this book on NetGalley because I really liked the cover… I know I’m a little shallow, but if the cover isn’t intriguing I generally won’t read the book… So I was super happy when the book turned out to not only have a very pretty cover, but be super fantastic as well! At first, I really didn’t like Tyler, and I didn’t understand why the author would portray him the way she does, then to pair Rory with him… I thought it was the worst move either and at the beginning of the book I’m not gonna lie I thought about not reading anymore because the whole thing bugged me so much. But then, it all finally started to come together… I finally started to understand what Tyler’s story was, and the way he behaved and acted was because he was broken (obviously, because the male character is always broken in NA books) and the author finally started to portray him better… we got to see a different side to him which was that of an extremely likable guy. Rory was a pretty likable character right from the beginning, she was quirky and nerdy, and super naïve and inexperienced when it came to guys. She was adorable really. The exact opposite of bad boy Tyler, which is why when they finally got together it, was a good match. Tyler was the bad to Rory’s good, and vice versa. They needed each other. I also really liked the story behind the title TRUE it actually made me cry a little because it was so sweet! I think it was a very risky move to make the book so dark right off the bat, because as I said I had a hard time getting through the first few chapters because of it. But once you get into the real meat of the story it is super hard to put down and proves that the risk was worth it. Overall this was a fantastic book… once you get past the first few chapters… and I would totally recommend it to everyone who loves the New Adult books!