PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Make it Last - Bethany Lopez The Characters: Briana – I really liked Briana! She had her heart broken by her high school sweetheart, and she has held a bit of a grudge since then. Briana has moved on and is no longer openly pining for Colin, but she has never really gotten over her broken heart… it almost seems like she is only half living, never really giving herself a chance to let her heart move on. Colin – I was totally prepared to dislike him, I mean he did break Briana’s heart, and the fact that he did it because he was leaving for college and was afraid that he might cheat on her? Uh HELLO! To me that is total scumbag! BUT then we actually meet Colin, and learn more of his reasons and thinking behind it… and well ok I forgave him. Plus he was still so obviously in love with Briana and regretted what he did… sooo yea I kinda fell in love with him a little bit. What I liked: I really liked the authors writing style, she was able to make me hate a character one second, and then love them the next… I also really liked how we got both points of view from the characters, I think it really adds another dimension to a story when you hear the his and hers version. What I didn’t like so much: The only thing I didn’t like about this story is it was pretty predictable. I just wish there was some kind of twist… a crazy stalker or something even. Even the authors attempt to put a little oomph was well kinda unoriginal which was a little disappointing. Last remarks: I liked how this was a short sweet story, it really didn’t take me long to read it because I got totally engrossed in the characters right away. Bethany Lopez also does a fantastic job of giving little hints of what is to come in future books which I was super excited for as I knew I had 2 more to go.