PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Derailed - Alyssa Rose Ivy This author was recommended to me by one of my super awesome Twitter friends, and I am SO glad that I took her up on it and picked it up. Derailed is the first book in the Clayton Falls series and it is part of the New Adult wave that is going around (that I absolutely LOVE btw)Molly is a small town girl who left to go to school in the big city, but during her last year of law school she loses her fiance and realizes that she doesn't want to be there anymore... it was time to go home.The one thing that Molly didn't want when she arrived home though was to run into her ex boyfriend Ben, he broke her heart when they were younger by not being there when she needed him. However in a small town, you cant avoid someone forever.Ben knows that he screwed up with Molly when they were teenagers, he also knows that he wants another chance to prove that he is good enough for her. Everything he has done since Molly walked away from his has been because he knew that one day she would come back and he wanted to be ready for her... to show her the man he should have been when she needed him before.Molly and Ben's relationship takes off like a rocketship, regardless of how much Molly fought it... Ben fought back just as hard.There were definitely a few scenes throughout the book that had me surreptitiously wiping my eyes. If you are into the New Adult books like I am, then this series is totally one that you need to pick up and check out!