PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) - Jessica Sorensen Once again the author Jessica Sorensen is able to hit on a tough subject in today's society... but she does it with so much class and the amazing ability to take something horrible and show you the bright light at the end of the tunnel.First we meet Ella, she is a good girl who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, and that side of the tracks turned her into a rule breaking rebel. But one situation changes everything and she runs... just takes up and goes, doesn't even tell her best friend where she is going or if she will be OK.Ella needed a fresh start, without her past shadowing her at every corner. Although I didn't agree with he way she ran away from everything, I understood why she would want to do that. I also have to respect her because although she ran, she did it in order to make something better of herself. However in the process of a better life, she hid who she truly is behind who she thinks she should be... even to her new best friend.But everyone has to go home eventually right? That's when we meet Micha again, Micha is the guy version of Ella, he is also Ella's best friend and neighbor. So when Ella shows back up at home, the first person she runs into is Micha.I loved Micha from the word GO, he was desperate to have his best friend back again and was doing everything he could to locate her... then when she just pops back up again... he wasn't even really mad, he was relieved that she was OK. But the Ella that came home is not the same Ella that ran away from him 8 months ago, and he is determined to get her back again.This book will haunt you with its sweetness, all the trials and tribulations that this pair go through is sad, but happy... and in the end Jessica Sorensen knows exactly how to get you to feel the pain of each character, but she is also able to let you see that bright light at the end of the tunnel that assures you that everything in life happens for a reason, regardless of how hard everything seems at the moment.