PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

A Song for Julia - Charles Sheehan-Miles Wow… just WOW! This may be the best romance book I have read in a long time. Now, I am not going to lie I am a big suck and I cry quite often while reading my books regardless… but this book? I think I spent at least half the book crying my eyes out! So why is this a good thing? Well because the story was just so sweet, and romantic and heartbreaking and it was just everything a romance novel should be. Julia, she was just broken right from the word GO, and regardless of how hard she tried to be ‘Perfect’ or how far she pushed people away, there was no way that she could fix herself especially after hearing her story *sob* Then there is Crank, he may be the sweetest guy on earth, he wasn't exactly a ‘Bad Boy’ although I think he tried to be one, he was more a very hot guy who the women loved… a lot… Their story is heart wrenching but also just a perfect tale of two people falling in love. I really liked how the author was able to touch on some pretty sensitive subjects in the book as well, such as The War on Iraq, and September 11. Now I am a Canadian and I will never forget those two events so I can only imagine how much it affected everyone that it hit more directly. This book also touches on Suicide, Bullying, and Aspergers… all of which are currently getting more exposure in our society. If you are looking for a sweet romance to read before bed, or you just want to read something that can let you have a good cry (because honestly, don't we all need a good cry once in a while?) then you have to check this book out! I was totally impressed with every aspect of it and I will definitely be reading other books in the Thompson Sisters series.