PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Fate Fixed - Bonnie Erina Wheeler When Lexie Anderson’s mother suddenly announces she is marrying a Romanian immigrant, Lexie willingly leaves behind her busy life in Connecticut for her penance in “The Moose Capital of the World.” Small town living is strange enough, now Lexie must cope with her overbearing stepfamily monitoring her every move. They disappear into the woods at night and keep a strange secret locked in their shed. Her once calm mother is now having violent outbursts and Lexie’s little sister is hearing sinister sounds coming from the forest behind their new home. Lexie’s biggest surprise comes when she discovers the boy she has been dreaming about since her accident is living in Maine. Despite Torin’s questionable reputation, Lexie cannot resist the physical and emotional attraction pulsating between them. Animals and people in town are turning up dead and Lexie learns the strange new world she lives in has real life monsters. Just when she decides she wants to be with Torin forever, she must fight to protect her mother and sister from being harmed by a formidable evil.This book was pretty amazing! I have had this book sitting on my kindle for a few months while I waited for the blog tour date to get closer… and like most books I put off I totally regret waiting! This is a vampire book, but not your typical vampire book! I think that the thing I loved most about this book is it focused a lot on the history of how the Erris Coven came to be, because although there are slight differences… a vampire is basically a vampire. We also got to see the authors version of a werewolf, which again was pretty cool… they were definitely a lot different then Jacob and his pack of wolves that I am use to! I loved Lexie, she has been though a lot recently, but she only wants to make her mom happy so she doesn’t even fight when her mom says they are moving away from the city she has grown up in. Lexie also has to deal with her little sister who honestly always came across as a hormonal angry at the world 13 year girl. Then there are the boys… wow I don’t even know where to start I think I love all of them! But since this book focuses on Torin… lets stick with him shall we? Torin is just perfect… he is a little bit of a bad boy with a bit of an edge, but Lexie manages to tame him (as much as guy like Torin can be tamed) but I think what I loved the most about Torin was that he seemed so loving, not just about Lexie… but about his whole family. There were a few parts in the book when he spoke about his mother and the author was able to truly capture what the bond was between them. The other thing about this book that I absolutely loved is I never actually knew who the bad guy was… I kept bouncing back and forth between 3 characters and in the end… I was so totally OFF! I love when a book keeps me guessing!I think the only thing I didn’t like about this book was that I didn’t get to know Torin’s cousins as much as I would have liked! I am assuming that the author will do a book for each of them… and well I can’t WAIT! I think my favorite story will be Teagan’s though, just because he seems to be the Erris Coven Playboy and they always have fantastic stories to tell ;)