PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Never Forget (Memories, #1) - Emma  Hart This book… wow... just this book… I have come to the quick decision that ANYTHING that Emma Hart writes is basically going to put me through the wringer… each book she writes will simultaneously destroy me and have me in tears, and then it will lift me back up again and fall in love. In this book we meet Lexie the city girl, and Alec the country boy. I get the impression that Lexie was basically a spoiled princess in the city who enjoyed to party but her main focus has always been school. Alec is the small town hottie, he is also a little bit of a ladies man… until he meets Lexie of course. I really liked how Lexie and Alec didn’t have an instant relationship… it was worked for. Although a good insta-love story is cute, I will always enjoy a book that has a little more work in it because well… that’s like real life right? So I find it easier to connect with the story and the characters. When I started reading this book… I had an idea of what was going to happen. Not so much about how the story would play out, but just the big moment in the book (I don’t want to give anything away!) Its not that it was predictable, I just had a feeling… and let me tell you… other then the whole love story going on, this book coulda been about me it felt so personal as I have gone through a similar situation recently. This is what destroyed me… I actually had to stop reading the book for a while so that I could compose myself and bring myself back into the moment and not live in the past. This book though, weird as it may sound, although it killed me and I haven’t cried like that since November, Emma just nailed every single emotion right on. I know what happens in normal… but to have it happen so suddenly? It tilts your whole world upside down and throws you for a crazy loop. So to be able to read a story about basically the exact same thing I went through, it was kinda therapeutic in a way. This book has absolutely everything you could want in a romance; it has friendship, love, loss, even a few fights here and there. Emma Hart has a fantastic gift of creating characters that really come to life on the pages and the ability to draw you into the story so far that you never want the book to end. If you are looking for a romance without anything supernatural… just a good old fashioned romance, this is totally the book that you need to get right away!