PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2) - Julie Kagawa “Only death will take me away from you, vampire girl," he whispered. "And even then, I'll watch over you from wherever I end up.” ― Julie Kagawa, The Eternity CureCharacters:Allie – I like Allie so much more in this book then I did in the previous book. I think its because she finally accepts who she is, but hasn’t totally lost her humanity (ok so I am using a Vampire Diaries phrase) She has really come into her own, and she is strong which is awesome because seriously? Who doesn’t love a strong female vampire?Zeke – Zeke… wow… I love Zeke… what more can I say about him? We actually don’t get to see Zeke until quite far into the book, and I have to admit I was a little worried that he wouldn’t be included in the book very much (I know silly me right?) So when he showed up, I was super excited… but I was also SHOCKED! This wasn’t the same Zeke that we met in the first book. This Zeke was hardened, he wasn’t just a sweet boy, he was a determined, dangerous man. Yes I know we saw flashes of this side of him in the first book but not this much. BUT the Zeke I fell in love with was still there… and I am trying REALLY hard not to spoil anything here but… that ending? OMG!! Talk about Shock and Awe… yikes!Jackal – I am including Jackal here because well I kinda really like him! He is sleezy, untrustworthy, and selfish… but he is also a very smart guy, and he knows how to play everyone. I know that may not seem like a good thing, but the role he plays in this book was just awesome, I was totally fooled and it honestly took me a second to catch up when I finally realized what happened! I may have slightly fallen in love with Jackal a little bit in this book. I don’t think he is as bad as I always thought he was.The Good and The Bad:There was a lot that was good with this book, it took so many different twists and turns which I love because I hate reading a book that I can figure out where everything is heading. The writing is fantastic… which doesn’t surprise me as Julie Kagawa is a fantastic writer and I am never disappointed when I read her books. I also like how we got to hear a bit more about Vampires from the past. I also really LOVED the bond that formed between Allie and Jackal by the end of the book. I found that a few parts in the book were a little too slow for me, especially at the beginning, but the book really picked up and kept me riveted the whole time. Other then that the book was exactly what I was expecting. Final Thoughts:AHHH the ending!!! OMG I went through so many different emotions during the last like 10 pages! I hate cliff hangers, but that one? I will take it! I am just sad that I have to wait SO LONG for the third book! I have NO IDEA what is going to happen but I am super excited to find out!