PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

I Choose You (Friends & Lovers, #2) - Bethany Lopez The Characters:Nicole – She is a very unassuming girl, and we didn’t get to know her very much in the first book as she wasn’t really part of the crowd. Nicole is new to town, and well she is running away from her past… but not in like a stalkerish type way… more in a ‘That’s not the life I want’ type way. I really liked her just for that reason alone. She wasn’t willing to settle into what was expected of her, she wanted to do something different so she did it! Kent – I wasn’t really a Kent fan at the beginning because well he was a bit of an ass in the first book… although we didn’t get to really know him. But once I did get to know him I was like ‘uh huh, ok so you are a super hottie and well you are kinda sweet too’ so yea I fell a little bit in love with him there. What I liked:I really liked how sweet the story was. It was quite simple… boy girl meet, instant attraction… so on and so forth. But what I have discovered is that Bethany is able to put so much emotion into the littlest things in her writing, which is something that totally grabbed my attention while reading this book (as well as the rest of the books in the series) What I didn’t like so much:As much as I love the authors writing style… the story is just so unoriginal that well it was always so obvious where it was going. Yes I understand it is a contemporary romance, but it was like insta-love and not even that much drama to get from point A to point B. I just felt like I needed a little more. Last remarks:As with the first book in this series it is very well written, and you can’t help but lose yourself in the characters. The author really has a major talent for bringing out emotions in her characters, as well as really building the scene. This would be a great book for anyone who likes contemporary romance. Although this book is part of a series it can be read as a stand-a-lone book as well which I really liked, there are little bits you may not totally understand but nothing too significant. Overall, a very well written sweet romance that is a quick read.