PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Almost - Anne Eliot Right from the beginning this book started breaking my heart. I don't know why, but when an author is willing to brave a tough subject I am also drawn even further into the story and the characters always take on whole new level of meaning to me.Jess Jordan was 'almost' raped during her freshman year, but she cant remember the details which is probably a good thing, however for her it is not a good thing because she has never been able to recover from it. But she has been able to build a very good wall of indifference around her to make people that know what happened think that she is better. However, all she really wants is to get away from it all. In order to do just that though she has to prove to her family that she is OK... shes 'normal' so she lands an internship for the summer, but thats not quite good enough. In order to REALLY prove she is OK she needs a boyfriend.Gray knows what happened to Jess that night, all he has ever wanted to do is protect her from being hurt again... so he has left her alone and not said a word. But when he applies for the same internship as Jess and she proposes that he be her fake boyfriend for the summer and she will pay him to do it... he cant say no because he just wants to help her in any way he can.This is such a sweet story regardless of the tragic beginning. Anne Eliot is such a fantastic reader that you want to know where her story will go next, and boy does she take us for a ride! She is definitely one of my authors to watch in the future!