PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Veer - Alyssa Rose Ivy So I really liked Derailed, it is New Adult Contemporary Romance through and through... so I was so excited to read Veer, especially because I was was able to read it right after Derailed and I was still stuck in Clayton Falls with everyone.Veer is the story of Becca and Gavin, and trust me it is such a cute story! Becca is a city girl and is only in town to visit her friend Molly as well as putting her schooling to use with a summer job at the towns lawyer office. Becca seems really put together, however she is such a mess having recently lost her mother in the fight against cancer, she is now at loose ends as she has only ever cared for her mother, so when Molly suggested she come visit her there was nothing holding her back.Gavin is the hottie cop that had to give up his pro baseball career when an injury sidelined him 3 years ago. He is looking for the love of his life and so far he has had no luck. He was also a bit of an ass in Derailed so I honestly wasn't sure what I thought about him pairing up with sweet Becca.But pair up they did! At first it was tense, they were obviously attracted to each other, but Gavin had been burned by a city girl before and did not want that to happen again, then when they finally did give in to their attraction... Gavin was an ASSHOLE!But I forgave him, because after that incident he proved that he really could be the sweetheart that we saw glimpses of throughout the first book in the series.Overall this was a very sweet book, Alyssa Rose Ivy is a flawless writer, and I am in awe of the emotions she is able to draw out of me in every book of hers that I have read. The Veer is a fairly fast paced book, and you just sink into the story so fast that before you know it its over and your left wanting more.I am so excited for the next book in the series to come out, I am sure that Wrecked will be just as fantastic as Derailed and Veer were... plus Jake Mathews was my favorite background character in both of these books I am so happy that he is finally getting his own book!