PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Supernatural Freak - Louisa Klein I participated in the cover reveal for Supernatural Freak a few months ago, and the main the cover of the book is honestly the main reason I wanted to read the book! So when Lost in Fiction contacted me, I was so excited! This book was pretty fantastic, it kind of hits on every aspect of a paranormal book, it deals with elves and fairies, witches and ghosts, there are even genies and a griffin type bird. In the book we meet Robyn and her motley crew of an uncle who drinks too much, 2 geeky roommates, a witch, a wizard (whom I am pretty sure she will have a relationship with in the future) as well as a Ghost. The overall story is unlike any other story I have read because Louisa Klein is able to create a world that is a little of this and a little of that… I want to say it has a Harry Potter feel, but it doesn’t quite… its almost like Harry Potter meets Nancy Drew meets Darkest Powers meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer.It also was nothing like I expected based on the synopsis, there were so many twists and turns and just MORE that happens that, although at a few points I felt like scratching my head and wondering why I was reading this (maybe its because im not British, but some of the humor and references went a little over my head) I would hit the next page and be like THIS is why I have not given up yet! Overall it was as I said a fantastic book, it is a little mix of everything, and I would totally recommend this book to everyone who likes reading about fairies and witches and just the supernatural in general. *special thanks to Louisa Klein and Lost in Fiction for providing a copy of Supernatural Freak*