PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Falling Kingdoms - Morgan Rhodes, Michelle Rowen This was such a good book! When I read what the book was about I was super intrigued because it is a lot more fantasy then I am used to reading, and according to the reviews I had been reading there was suppose to be very little romance… but THEN I realized that the author Morgan Rhodes is actually the pen name for Michelle Rowan… and well I LOVE her! The book started off a little too slow for my liking, but once it picked up about half way through it was a fast paced book the rest of the way. One of the things I loved most about this book is that its about royalty, and although most of the citizens would think they are all just spoiled people, and I will admit at the beigning that is EXACTLY what I thought of Cleo, they are also people too, and in Cleo’s case, people with the courage to overcome just about anything, as well as a heart full of so much love. I was a little worried that I wouldn’t enjoy this book because there isn’t a lot of romance in it, however I found that there was just enough romance in it for my liking, as well as setting up for a lot in the future books (maybe its wishful thinking but I want Cleo and Jonas to have a thing) This book also has so many sad parts! The event that basically started the whole ball rolling didn’t really affect me because well I didn’t know Tomas, but everything else? Theon? The King? Emilia? Ugh I cried like a baby! I was especially sad about Theon, I was starting to totally fall in love with him and then WHAM! I also think Nic is the cutest guy ever, and omg he is totally in love with Cleo but I don’t think they would fit together. Jonas on the other hand, he is a rebel hottie and oh boy I can not WAIT to see what happens in the next installment of the Falling Kingdoms Series! Overall this was a fantastic fantasy book, it had magic, palaces, intrigue, romance and war… I also think this would be a perfect book for a guy as well because there is so much going on and so little romance (I have recommended it to my husband) *special thanks to razOrbill and Penguin Group for providing me an arc of Falling Kingdoms*