PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Shadows Gray - Melyssa Williams As I was reading this book, it seemed pretty average, it is about time travel which made it interesting because I havnt read any books regarding time travel before.But then the end happened… and WOW the end totally sold me on the book! I was so not expecting that!The book focus’s on Sonnet, she is one of the Lost, a time traveler with no control when its time to go she doesn’t get a chance to prepare, she simply falls asleep and wakes up somewhere else.Sonnet quite obviously has not had the easiest childhood ever, but the fact that her family traveled without her younger sister Rose years ago has haunted her forever. And now, in 21st century America she keeps seeing her sister everywhere.Then we meet Luke, who was a cutie, and I will admit I felt totally betrayed by him at the end of the book… but then I decided that although Israel was always in the background of the story, he was much better suited for Sonnet.I also totally loved Emme, she had a very questionable profession, but as she said, it is a profession that doesn’t go out of style regardless of what year or country you live in.Overall this book was really good, I am hoping that there might be a sequal in the near future, because I am definitely interested in hearing more about Sonnet and Israel as well as the outcome of Rose and Luke. I think that if the end of the book didn’t have the twist it essentially did, the book would have been quite average… but that twist put it over the edge and made me want to keep reading once I started putting some of the pieces together!