PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Shallow (Going Under, #2) - Georgia Cates I have a confession… I LOVE Georgia Cates! This is the second series I have read from her, the first was Blood of Anteros which was AMAZING and now this? Seriously? Is there anything she CAN’T write? This series is the complete opposite from her Blood of Anteros series because this book is strictly romance, you know the kind of romance you always wish you could have yourself… the kind you always secretly compare your real life to? Yea Georgia is just amazing! So with this book, we get to know Payton whom we met in Going Under, I loved her in the first book and I was so excited that she was getting her own book. Payton is sarcastic and witty, she is always looking for angles to play, and she is also a fiercly loyal friend to Claire. Then there is Nick… he is honestly Paytons equal in every way, he has a comeback for everyone comeback, he is confident in himself and he has a plan. I loved how when they met it was because Payton thought she would be able to use her feminine wiles to turn a simple fender bender into nothing more then a misunderstanding, never guessing that the encounter would change her life. As with the first book in this series there are some real heart wrenching parts and I think that my heart was breaking right along with Payton and Nicks. Both characters are so normal that you wish they could be your friends. There were also a few little twists that I didn’t see coming until the last minute and wow they blew me out of the park! Romance novels are my ultimate go to genre when I need something quick and easy… but because of this I am super picky about which ones I read (I am trying to broaden my horizons a bit but it’s a slow process) Generally I stick to the tried and true Nora Roberts, I personally think that Georgia Cates is just as fantastic as Nora Roberts in the romance department, and I can’t wait to see what she writes next!