PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Anathema - K.A. Tucker This is the first book in the Causal Enchantment series, and I was very impressed! In this book we meet the key players throughout the series, Evangeline, Sofie, Mortimer, Viggo, and Cadan… yes yes there are many other characters and I LOVE all of them… but these are the main ones! Evangeline was a little annoying in this book, I mean, I know her life has been hard, she is an orphan and no one notices her at all… but really? Agreeing to go to another city with a complete stranger? She is a very naïve girl (actually I think almost every character throughout the series tells her that) but, well she grew on me especially once she realized what was really going on… she was still much to trusting but you could see her backbone start to grow a little bit. I really liked the way the relationship between Sofie, Mortimer, and Viggo was portrayed… there was always a sense of some underlying respect between the three of them, but it was buried so deep that I doubt any of them even knew it was there. They were always fighting and trying to do better then the other. However, regardless of the lies even from the very first book it was obvious that Sofie loved Evangeline tremendously. Then we meet Cadan… OK and Amelie, Fiona, and Bishop. I absolutely LOVED these 4 characters, what really made me love them was that they were so protective of Evangeline, even when she actually thought she was dreaming they were always trying to protect her. When they realized they could return back to her world with her, they were hesitant not because they were scared of would happen to them… but because they were all scared of what would happen to her when 4 vampires appeared with her the only human around in hundreds of years. Overall, this was a fantastic book, and it jumps right into the story, within a few pages I was totally hooked. All the characters are well developed and you are able to kind of see where the author might take them. If you haven't checked this series out, you are totally missing out… not only is the author a Canadian (yayy!) but she writes a story that you cant help fall in love with.