PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Secret of Spruce Knoll - Heather McCorkle I have had this book waiting on my IPAD for months… I actually won it during a Twitter chat so long ago. When I received it I fell in love with the cover, but for some reason I never got around to reading it… so it has sat there waiting for me. The Heather contacted me to participate in a book tour for the third book in this series and it gave me the push I needed to read the first two books in the series. As soon as I finished this book, I was so mad at myself! I just can’t understand how I let this book sit unread for so long! It is SO good! This book has all the magic I could ask for, the characters are all Channeler’s… which is sorta like a witch, but still so completely different that I was learning right along with Eren the main character of the series. Eren is a very strong girl, she has overcome tragedy only to come to Spruce Knoll and have her whole world turned upside down. She does come across as a little clingy when she meets Aiden, but based on what she went through with the loss of her parents and well learning she is not as normal as she always thought, it was understandable and I totally didn’t hold it against her. Aiden was such a sweetie, he was cute and caring and he seemed to instantly click with Eren. Once Eren learns she is a channeler, and finally seems to come to accept it, she starts letting her aunt and grandfather in although it seems she still tries to keep a bit of distance between her and everyone as well. I think what really sold this book to me was Fane, Eren’s cousin he is just too cute! I cant wait to read more about him in the upcoming books! I am also super excited to see what happens between Eren and Aiden because well they are so perfect for each other and in this book they have overcome so much together that it should be interesting to see where they end up.