PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare I started reading this series when the first book came out in 2007, and I have really enjoyed reading this series so far and I am definitely excited for the movie that is expected to be released next year! However… while reading this book, I will admit I was really disappointed. It was still a good story, but I just couldn’t help thinking maybe this series should be finished… maybe I should be focusing on Cassandra Clare’s newer series Infernal Devices. It just feels like this series is dragging on. WE still have Jace and Clary the star crossed lovers… in each book throughout this series they have faced crazy obstacles in their relationship, I think the worst being when they thought they were brother and sister… but in this book, it’s the fact the Jace is basically possessed. I think the one thing I am always super impressed by is the fact that in each book Clary gets stronger and more sure of herself… sure she is still impulsive and a little bit insane, but her heart is always in the right place, and she now seems to actually have the training behind her as well. Then there is Alec and Magnus… I have absolutely no problem with the fact that they are boyfriends, I think they are very cute together. I just felt that their relationship was always being slapped in my face which I found really annoying. But I will admit I bawled like a baby during their last conversation! I absolutely LOVE Isabelle and Simon, I think they are the cutest couple ever (ok maybe not really a couple but they so should be!) I love how much confidence Simon has now that he is a vampire and it seems very comfortable in his role. Isabelle is just a very strong female character, she is sassy and has so much attitude which is awesome but she has a very big heart which she is always trying to protect. Overall, this is a pretty good book, but I think I will be happy to read the final book in this series because as I said it feels like it is dragging, I think it needs a big finish, to tie everything all together.