PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Ties to the Blood Moon - Robin P. Waldrop When I decided to take part in this blog tour I was a little hesitant at how much I would like this book because upon look at previous reviews on Goodreads a lot of people were saying it was very similar to the Twilight Series. Now don’t get me wrong, my preferred genre is paranormal, so a lot of books follow the same mainstream ideas, the most popular being the Twilight Series, which is why I decided to give this series a shot. And well, I’ll be very honest, although it did have some of the same elements as the Twilight Series, such as Vampires, Wolves (who lived on a reserve and were Native Americans), the head Vampire guy (sorta like the vultori) it also was able to bring a bunch of different elements to the story as well… namely a very STRONG female character! Within the first few chapters of reading Ties to the Blood Moon I was so happy that I decided to take the chance on this series, by the end of the book I was left wanting much more! The author is able to create characters that are both strong but vulnerable, and I loved the way they were all linked together with the Alaskan Folklore of Princess’ and Warriors. Since this is a YA book, it came as no surprise to me that there was a love triangle between Gen (the main character, Joseph (a werewolf) and William (a vampire) yes as I said, a lot of similarities to Twilight. But what I think really sets the whole thing apart from its predessor is that in this book although Gen is only 17 and thinks that she knows everything after she moves in with her aunt in Alaska… is that Gen unlike Bella was never scared to take charge, she was never a simpering little wimp basically. Was she scared of what she was doing? Of course! And the author was very good at making her fear come through, but she never backed down! I loved the Twilight Series and I am not saying it was a bad series, and maybe its just personal opinion but I think that if you start this book and actually give it a shot without comparing the whole thing to Bella Jacob and Edward, you will fall in love with this series and the story and the characters as well. By the end of reading this book I was hooked, I loved all of the characters but although I know Gen had chosen William, I think I will forever and always be on Team Werewolf… no matter what the book is about!