PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Return to Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book One) - Kelly Riad This book was absolutely amazing! For a while now I have been looking for a new book or series to start reading that focused on Fairies… I don’t exactly know why, maybe because there are just so many different ways they can be portrayed, but I could not find any that really interested me.Then I decided to take part in this book tour, and well it was EXACTLY what I was looking for! When I decided to take part in this tour, I didn’t even know it was a book about Fairies (ok sure they are not Fairies they are Elves, but it was close enough!), it just sounded like a really good book. But then I started reading it and oh boy did I ever find a new series to read!In the first installment of The Elves of Arethane we meet Emily, a girl who seems to have it all… she actually kind of reminded me of the celeb children we hear about on TMZ because she obviously comes from money and just throws it away because she doesn’t care… but then we really get to know her, she has an absent father, an alcoholic mother, plus a whole lot of other issues (I don’t want to give too much away, needless to say I cried when I found out everything)Then she meets a boy, and well her mom totally embarrasses her in front of him, but she cant just forget about him because he turns out to be her best friends brother! Well Jarrod then totally stole the show for me, he was sensitive and sweet, but also protective and stubborn… oh and he was also a super hottie!Although the book focused a lot of Emily, Jarrod and Dafne (Emily’s bff and Jarrod’s sister) I actually really liked Kara as well, she definitely came across as a real witch, but then we learn her story and well you can’t help but feel for her and try to comprehend how she even wakes up each day.This book seriously had it all, it had the romance, the magic, it had romance and friendships. As soon as I finished this book I was tweeting to Kelly Riad because I needed to know when the next book comes out! (PS she says she is going through final edits and the book will be out soon! YAYYY)Anyways, if you have not read this book yet you are totally missing out, it is a great story from the first chapter until the very end!