PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Fire Wars - Kailin Gow This book took me by total surprise… I have read a few other books written by Kailin Gow (who seems to be able to write any genre amazingly) so when this tour came up, I decided why not I have liked everything else so far.I generally don’t like dystopian novels, I of course read the Hunger Games and LOVED it, but other then a few other dystopian books here and there I have just never been able to get into them.Enter Fire Wars, the first book in the series… and well my whole problem with a dystopian novel was thrown out the window!When I started reading this book, I will be honest I did have some misconceptions about the book from the beginning, I mean its hard to imagine a world in the future like that. But I think what really ended up grabbing my attention was that although it is a dystopian based series… there is so much focus on mythology! I absolutely LOVE any book that involved mythology!So, what did I end up thinking of the book? Super awesome of course! Kailin Gow has once again done it again, she was able to grab my attention in contemporary romance, and now I am in love with her dystopian series! Seriously, is there anything this lady CAN’T do?This book seriously had everything I could want in a book, it had romance, hot guys, a girl trying to figure out who she really is and proving she is stronger then she ever imagined, as well as gods and goddesses.Mackenzey Evers was an interesting character, I generally find that in most books the girl is all ‘poor me, my life sucks’ in the first book, until they relize ‘oh, maybe I can do that!’ So this book was really interesting in the fact that while she may have been a little wimpy at the beginning of the book, she was totally comfortable with herself as well as her life, even if it was a little out of the ordinary. So I totally love her she may be one of my favorite characters from Kailin Gow's books.I ended up reading this book in 1 day! Seriously I don’t think I have a life sometimes! But I honestly could not put it down! As soon as I was finished I was already starting page one of Fire Stones because I had to know what was going to happen!Of and one other thing, by the time I was done this book I was totally Team Varun! He was just such a sweetheart yea he was who I picked!If you havn’t read this book yet… you are totally missing out, because let me tell you the second book? EVEN BETTER!If you have read this book, tell me… Team Chance, or Team Varun?