PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Embrace - Jessica Shirvington First Thoughts:So this is a book I had been debating since the moment it first came out and I saw it at my local Chapters store… but because it was hard cover, I would keep talking myself out of it. Then during the Armchair BEA I won a copy of Entice, so when that came in the mail (I was so excited because it was my first ever book in the mail) I decided well at least now I have a valid reason to buy Embrace… and that brings us to now!The Main Character:Violet Eden… I LOVED her! She was sarcastic, but sweet. She was also totally in love with Lincoln before the whole ‘Your part Angel and I never told you’ thing… and I thought they were so cute together! She does seem to have a very weird relationship with her dad though… I mean my father would never have given me that much freedom, but she didn’t abuse it which was good. She had a very level head on her shoulders regardless of the ‘mommy issues’ she had. Also the fact that she was willing to embrace even though she was adamant she wasn’t going to, because by doing so she could save Lincoln’s life? Totally awesome!Love is in the Air:Lincoln…I liked Lincoln, and I was rooting for him most of the time. My only problem with his was that he followed the rules. It was quite obvious how he felt about Violet but he wasn’t willing to test the rules out and try to be with her. Which sure I understand, they are all trying to save the human population and all that, but it was quite clear he loved her and she was quite obvious in her love for him as well. But I have to give him points because he was just so damn cute, and although he fought his attraction for Violet the few times it came through… I just wanted to swoon!Pheonix…at first I didn’t like Pheonix, he was wooing Violet and I was totally on Team Linc. But then we got to know Pheonix a bit more and well I fell in love with him and switched teams. He totally had issues, but when you are the son of basically the most feared angel type person ever… well I think that would give anyone a complex right?The thing I loved most about Pheonix, is that no matter how much time he spent with Violet and how close they got, you could always tell that he knew she wasn’t his to hold onto no matter how much he tried.Final Thoughts:WOW! I cant believe I put off buying and reading this book for so long! It always caught my attention, and the cover is absolutely amazing… but had I known it was going to be this good? I would have been at the store March 6 to buy it. The only good thing that came out of my waiting… is that I have Entice in my heads already so I don’t have to wait until September for it!