PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Never Say Never - Kailin Gow First Thoughts:When this book tour came along, it caught my interest simply because it was different. There is absolutely no paranormal theme going on. It is a romance plain and simple… but it was an older YA romance so it touches on the ‘sticky’ side of things. For some reason when I saw the tour info come in my inbox it just called my name and I knew that I had to read it. The Main Character:Never ‘Neve’ Knight… she is awesome! Sure she is a celebrities daughter, but she doesn’t act like it, she is very down to earth. She wants to make a name of herself BY herself… but just off of her parents back which was really awesome. She is also super talented, she is the lead singer in her band of boys as well as the band manager. She also goes to collage. The best thing about Neve is that she was always trying to hide who her parents were… or more specifically who her dad was. She didn’t want a free ride, whatever she got she wanted to get on her own. Love is in the Air:Wow where to start with this one…. Kyle… he was ok, I don’t think he really liked Neve though, I think it was more a comfort thing… he definetly did not have an easy childhood and as he says in the book, everyone he loves leaves… so he has some serious issues he has to deal with but I never thought he was a good match for Neve.Luc… he was actually my favorite, the one I was rooting for. I don’t know why but everytime he was with Neve he just seemed perfect, and when I say perfect I mean perfect for Neve not just perfect in every other way that he was. Danny… and then there was one, Danny was ok, as I said I was rooting for Luc, but Danny was still pretty awesome and I guess he really was a the best fit for Neve because he knew what her life was like as he came from something similar. But he still totally has a lot of issues to deal with and I hope they don’t bring Neve down when he starts his journey. Ending:I was actually really impressed with the ending. The main plot throughout the book was closed, but it also left the door open for so much more. If I didn’t know that this book was the first in a series I would have been happy with the ending, it was left open enough that the author was able to either finish it as a single book, or continue it as a series. I think that was one of the best things because of course I want to read more… but if there wasn’t another book I would have still been very happy with just the oneFinal Thoughts:Although this book is a romance and not my typical genre, I was very impressed and I will be keeping my eye out for the next book. This is the second book I have been able to read by Kailin Gow, and both times the books have been out of my general genre preference, and both times I am been sucked into the books and ended up absolutely loving them!