PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Nocturnal (The Noctalis Chronicles, Book One) - Chelsea M. Cameron Title: NocturnalAuthor: Chelsea M. CameronSeries: The Noctalis Chronicles #1Release Date: February 11, 2012Synopsis:Seventeen-year-old Ava-Claire Sullivan isn't one for doing the expected. Especially when she finds out her mother's cancer is terminal. After a crying session in the local cemetery where she's attacked by one strange guy and saved by another, she doesn't call the cops. Because those guys definitely weren't your average hooligans. And the one who sort-of saved her? Well, he's odd. He doesn't seem to breathe or smile or have anything better to do than wait in the cemetery for Ava to come back. Which she does. Call it morbid curiosity. Even after he warns her that he's dangerous, she can't stop wanting to see him, talk to him, be with him.There's something about Peter that provides a much-needed escape from her mother's diagnosis and her tenuous relationship with her father. Even her best friends Jamie and Texas don't know what it's like to face death. But Peter does. He already has. He also made a promise a long time ago that could destroy both of them.When everything in your life is falling apart, what are you willing to give up to hold onto the one thing that could last forever?First Thoughts:I decided to participate in this blog tour because the cover of the book was pretty cool, and also because it’s a 2 book blog tour and I love book series so much, mainly because I am impatient and do not like waiting for the next book in the series to wait. So this blog tour seemed perfect! The Main Character:Ava-Claire Sullivan… poor girl, she has so much on her plate right now with her mom being sick, her dad basically being an ass, and then the whole Noctalis issue she finds herself in the middle of. But even through all of that, she is still trying to be the best friend that she can be to Texas and Jamie, so I loved Ava she was pretty awesomeLove is in the Air:Peter… I can’t decide if I like him or not… I mean I understand he is Noctalis, so he is weird… but he is just really really socially inept, and I just couldn’t get around that. I also understand he has had a tough time with his crazy whacko ‘Mother’ but still… I don’t know, I hold out hope for him in the next book. Ending:The ending was pretty good, there was a lot answered, with a lot left unsaid. It made me excited to read the next one, but not because of Peter and Ava, well maybe Ava, but honestly I think its because I keep thinking about Tex and Jamie and I wanted to see if the next book would be able to develop them a bit more. Final Thoughts:This book was ok, when I started reading it, within the first 2 chapters I was balling my eyes out. The whole issue with Ava and her Mom is just too sad, I cant even imagine going through something like that! I think that because the author was able to dig so deep, and bring out such high emotions with the first few chapters (ok so there were lots of moments I had to stop reading and have a good cry) but because of that the book was able to hook me in, and I hope that carries through to the next book because I think it is an important part of the story, because it so clearly affects Ava and her thoughts and actions.