PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Blood of Anteros (The Vampire Agápe Series, #1) - Georgia Cates Synopsis:"I was tantalized by the mystery of her. The leech inside me came out to find prey, but found none in this enigmatic girl. The close proximity of her essence didn’t entice the monster within, so what did that make her? I had more questions than answers, but one thing was unmistakable; although she released me from her embrace, her hold on me remained."Cruel circumstances turned Curry Brennan into the wretched monster he hates and refuses to accept, but when an expected turn of events releases him from the bond of his obsessive maker, he returns to the home he knew 161 years earlier and finds the return of happiness and joy in something he didn’t know existed. Puzzled by his growing attraction to Chansey Leclaire, a human, he is unable to resist the captivating relationship that threatens to reveal his existence as a vampire. He eventually discovers the reason he was destined to find what he didn’t know he searched for and is faced with the cruel realization that the living and the immortal undead will always be separated by one thing. Eternity.First Thoughts:I decided to jump on this blog tour because the title just caught my eye as soon as I saw it! Then I read what the book was about and I just knew I had to read it. Its about vampires, and sure I been getting a little sick of them lately, but this sounded like a different spin on things so I wanted to see how it played out.The Main Character:Chansey… first, I would like to say that I love that name! She was also a pretty awesome girl. She definitely has been through a lot, with her parents being gone, and her psycho neighbor, but she still had a pretty good head on her shoulders and just took everything in stride.Love is in the Air:Curry Brennan… he was perfect book bf material! He was hot (obviously) but he was also super sweet! He didn’t understand what was happening to him, but he knew that he had to protect Chancey as soon as he laid eyes on her. It was also super cute to see him so overwelmhed by the feelings she invoked in him, the author was able to do such a fantastic job of portraying that.Ending:AWESOME ending! Was there a cliffhanger? Sure of course there was… but there always is in a great series. The reason this book had such an awesome ending is because we have learned so much… but we are left wanting to learn more… I have fallen in love with all the characters… and I want to hear there stories and how they fit into everything I think I have figured out.Final Thoughts:Well, considering I wanted to read this book because the cover was so pretty… I was super surprised at how much I fell in love with it. I will totally be looking forward to the next books in the series! If you are looking for the vampires… but are a little over the whole Twilight phase… this book is what you need!