PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Loving Summer - Kailin Gow This is a really hard book for me to review, I actually finished reading it 2 days ago and I have been thinking about my review since then. Is it a good book? YesIs it a series I want to continue reading? YesDid I love all the characters? YesAs you can see there isn’t anything that I didn’t actually LIKE about the book, except the fact that I did actually get teary near the end, that part was so super sad! I really like Summer, she is the proverbial black swan… weird and gangly when she was younger and then she grew up and is now basically perfect (ok that part kind of bugged me mainly because she seems to be everything I never was but always wanted to be) but Summer was just so nice to everyone that it was ok that she was too perfect. During the book Summer is torn between 3 guys in her life… Nat, the one that she has ALWAYS had a crush on… Drew, the one who has ALWAYS had a crush on her... and Astor the new guy, movie star extraordinaire. Now I think she should have just picked Drew right from the beginning, even though he was going through some major issues and even though everywhere he went the ‘Drew-Effect’ was turned on… I just liked him from the first moment I met him. Nat was ok too, but he was way too serious and he did have a girlfriend, that right there (even if he does break up with his girlfriend) makes him a major write-off. And then there was Astor, I did not like him! He was just TOO perfect! Like make me sick perfect! I kept waiting for him to either push the boundaries’ that Summer had set, or just to do something to screw up… And he never did! Sooo I just did not like him one bit. We also got to meet Rachel; she is Summer’s best friend, and also Drew’s twin sister. I didn’t really like her, but I didn’t have a problem with her either… I think she is a little clingy and because of the family drama the Donovan’s have going on she is a little to open for attention. I really do hope there is another book in the series soon, I think that all the kids are on the verge of something huge, not just in a romance way but in a life which will be interesting to see play out. Overall it was a pretty good book, a totally different genre then I usually read because it had absolutely not paranormal or fantasy aspects. But I did enjoy reading it. Some parts felt a little too rushed but it wasn’t so fast it was distracting. Other parts felt kinda out of place and unneeded, but again not distracting. I really like the way Kailin writes though, and this book has made me want to check out some of her other books, especially her paranormal ones.