PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3) - Amanda Hocking,  Jason Letts My ReviewSo I am giving this book FIVE crowns! I absolutely loved this whole trilogy, but this book was by far my favorite. I love all the characters in this series, but my favorite character has to be Loki! He is not only PERFECT book boyfriend material in looks, but he is just all around perfect in every way possible as well! As I said I loved the whole series, from the very first book it was able to capture my attention and make me want to read more. It did take me longer to read this book then it did the others, but it was totally not anything against this book it was basically bad time management, nice weather, and the fact that I decided to buy the book and not the ebook, but also I think it was because I knew this was the last book in the series and I wanted to prolong it as much as possible. Unfortunately the book is just so good that once I actually sat down to read it, I didn’t stand a chance and next thing I knew I was finished. I absolutely love how much Wendy has grown in this series, I know that between the 3 books it was only basically a year, but Wendy seriously went from being a spoiled teenage girl who didn’t want to be a princess (seriously? Why would you NOT want to be a princess) into a beautiful, composed and honest queen. The transformation was seamless and not at all rushed either which was super fantastic because it didn’t seem forced or anything. Since Loki was first introduced in the story, I picked him to end up on Wendy, I don’t know why but I just could never see Wendy going with or staying with Finn… they just never seemed like a good match to me, and Wendy explained it best in Ascend, by saying he needed someone he could protect not someone who would fight him on everything. So although I did like Finn and he was an integral part of Wendy becoming the amazing women she became, I always chose Loki and I was honestly ecstatic when Wendy finally realized that she was in love with him. I also really loved Tove, and Willa they were both so amazing as well… OMG I think I just loved everyone! Amanda Hocking is just fantastic in creating characters that you can relate to as well as get attached to, so much so that I feel like I could talk about these characters forever because I feel as if I know them personally! Although I was sad the trilogy ended with Ascend, I really wouldn’t want it any other way I think Amanda ended the book beautifully! Everyone ended up with who they were meant to end up with, and although there were a lot of sad moments in the book… I honestly got teary eyed when Elora died, as well as when I though Loki would die as well! I feel that in the end, it all worked out exactly the way it was suppose to and exactly the way I wanted it to! I was left with no questions or concerns or anything other then the fact that it was over and I wanted to start the whole series from the beginning again! Overall this is a definite MUST READ! If you love books with romance, a little action, trials and tribulations… as well as very strong characters male and female… then this book is totally for you! But make sure you start at the beginning of the trilogy with Switched, because you HAVE to see the way Amanda Hocking is able to develop all these characters in 3 books but essentially only one year, it is absolutely incredible!