PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Oubliette - Megg Jensen I finished reading Anathema a few days ago and absolutely loved it so I wanted to start reading the second book in this trilogy right away. And let me tell you I was so NOT disappointed in Oubliette! The book starts just a few weeks after where Anathema finished, and it doesn’t just slowly get back into the book… it dives headfirst into it! I don’t know how Megg Jensen does it but she has this ability with writing that just grabs a hold of you and wont let go! In the first book the stage was set for this epic battle, and we got all the background information leading up to it. But in this book… we get to meet Krissin who by the way is totally amazing… and we also get to learn more about Ace who we briefly met in the first book… and Ace is the complete opposite of Mark, everything that I thought Mark was missing in the first book… Ace brought to the table I just wish he had of been in the story a little bit more. I also loved how in this book we got to see all of the characters grow, Reychel is starting to learn she has a bit more to offer then just her prophecies, I also thought that although Mark was still not quit book boyfriend material (Ace totally is though) Mark wasn’t too bad in this book, he is still a little soft but I could start to see the warrior in him, at least by the end of the book. We also learned more about the prophecy that has made Reychel so famous, and it was totally NOT what I was expecting… actually it completely through me off because up to that point, she everything wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows… but it was pretty straight forward and I could always kind of see where the story was heading… but after learning the truth! I think I was just as surprised as Reychel was! Oubliette was a great follow up book to the first book in the series, and when I finished this book I made the executive decision to put Severed right at the top of my TBR list!