PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1) - Megg Jensen So I recently won a giveaway on Twitter from Indelibles, which is a great blog with over 25 indie authors. It was just fluke that I happened to be on twitter for indie chat that was going on, so I jumped right in because I LOVE indie authors! So when I found out that I won books by all the Indelibles Authors I was so ecstatic! The next day they all started pouring in… so I ended up with over 20 new books! I had no idea where to even start… so then I started reading all the synopsis’s on goodreads and there was this one book I received from Megg Jensen that really grabbed my attention… and then I realized she actually had 5 books and a novella all connected to the same story! So I decided to start there! This brings us to my current review… I started reading Megg Jensen’s Cloud Prophet Trilogy. The first book in the trilogy is called Anathema… and WOW it was such an amazing book! Megg Jensen creates this world, and it just sucks you right in... Within the first few pages I don’t think I could have put the book down even if I had wanted to (which I didn’t). It’s not a very long book, but it never seems rushed even though it seems like there is just so much going on. I loved Reychel! She is such a great character! She was a slave her whole life, never even got to see the sunlight except for very rare occasions… yet when she escapes she is still optimistic that things can change, that people are not all bad, and in the end that she can help save everyone. I also weirdly enough loved Ivy, even though she was a truly nasty person, she still caught my attention because she wanted to better her life, so she went about it no matter the cost… and I do truly think that even though she turned her back on people when she definitely shouldn’t have, she was just looking out for herself which seemed to be what everyone was doing to survive. I didn’t really care for Mark too much, he was just too soft, maybe I am use to reading books with a stronger male character, but I just couldn’t make myself like him too much. I do hope in the next few books that he comes out of his shell a little more and turns into the book boyfriend that I think he has the potential to be. Overall it was a fantastic book, and I was so happy that I decided to start with this series, and I am so excited to keep reading the Cloud Prophet Trilogy and then moving on the Megg Jensen’s The Swarm Trilogy… and I am also sure the rest the of the books I won from Indelibles will be just as amazing!