PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa When I first started reading this book… I just couldn’t get into it, I would pick it up and start reading but it just couldn’t seem to hold my interest for very long so I would put it down and move on to the next book in my TBR pile. But then, I decided that I was going to read it, I mean I paid to buy an actual book instead of buying the ebook version, so I sat down and I forced myself to read it. Now, I absolutely LOVED Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey Series, and as it turned I did fall in love with the first book in the Blood of Eden Series as well. It just took a little longer then I was expecting. The whole book is generally good, I really don’t know why I couldn’t get into it to begin with but I am thinking that because of how much I loved her previous series and how the hype Immortals was getting I was just expecting something, I don’t know MORE I guess. Well… I got my MORE I just had to stick with it until I was about half way through the book… and then I couldn’t STOP reading it! Allison was so amazing! She was such a fighter, first to live, then to hold on to her humanity. She is honestly one of the strongest female characters I have read in a long time, she never ever whines or complains she just takes it as it is… deals with it… and moves on to the next thing. And Zeke, wow, he totally just jumped right onto my book boyfriend list. He is just the sweetest thing ever! And he is so protective of those in his care! But I think the one character I cant wait to learn more about, is the mysterious Kanin, it is obvious he has been around for a long time, and I think that as much as he said they vampires are monsters, I think he has more humanity in him then he lets on. I am super excited for the next book in this series because Julie Kagawa is a master at sucking you into her stories and carrying you along till the end, so the next book as well as the rest of the series should be amazing!