PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Seeds of Discovery - Breeana Puttroff Seeds of Discovery is the first book in Breanna Puttroffs Dusk Gate Chronicles series. It’s not a long book, only about 160 pages, but it may have just become one of my favorite book series EVER!I was approached by the author Breanna Puttroff to read and review her books, and when I read the synopsis I was interested, but it’s really different from the books that I generally read so I honestly wasn’t in too much of a rush to read them. So when they were next on my TBR pile I really didn’t know what I was expecting. Within 10 pages I was sooo mad at myself for putting them off for so long!Although the books are not paranormal in anyway, which is my preferred genre Seeds of Discovery had my complete and undivided attention from the beginning until the end. The book may not have witches and vampires, but there was magic, not your typical magic as in spells and potions, but magic of a completely different kind… magic of love and friendship.I loved ALL of the characters in this book, and the way the book is written I feel like I actually know them! Quinn is such a fantastic character, right off the bat you can tell that she loves her family very much, but she also cares deeply for other people too… which leads me to my favorite character in the whole book, William! William has total book boyfriend material, at first he comes across as very quiet and unassuming and well a little weird. But once you read a little more about him you really can’t help falling in love with him.This book really is like a modern day fairy tale, and it is so easy to connect with all of the characters. The only thing that I was disappointed with was that it was so SHORT! It’s definitely a good thing that I had the second book to read right away!