PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Fade - A.K. Morgen “Before I even had the chance to try, a current of energy washed through me, pulling a gasp from my lips. Strength and familiarity tripled through the air between us. The powerful sensation swarmed over me like a thousand little teeth nibbling on my skin, and shook me to the core.” ― A.K. Morgen, Fade I received this book from Netgalley, and the cover is just so beautiful that I was super excited to read it!Once I started reading it I was actually pleasantly surprised, it was pretty good and definitely a different type of book because it is based on mythology (I love mythology!)Before I started reading this book, I happened to glance at a few previous reviews on Goodreads, and well based on them I was a little worried about this book.But I can honestly say that I disagree with almost all the previous reviews about this book and I am really looking forward to the rest of this series!I find it interesting that in the past week I have read a few different books that are based on an apocolyse, because well you know, the world is suppose to end this year right?This book defiantly is a YA book, although it is totally an OLDER YA book because it does have some sexual contact, but really? Turn on the TV and most everything does nowadays.In this book we meet Arionna, she is such a grief-stricken character, her mom just passed away and she is left floundering to find her footing. Her dad is supportive, but the fact that she literally had to uproot her whole life really knocked her for a loop.But then she meets these 4 girls, who are just so normal and nice and accepting that she starts to feel at peace, especially because they have more information on Dace… our major hottie in this book…Dace was really hard to figure out, he definitely has issues with what he is, but when we find out about his childhood well its really not surprising at all. When Dace first speaks to Arionna he is surly and gruff, and I really though he was gonna be a bit of an ass… but he turns out to be the sweetest thing ever! Although he is a bit overbearing and demanding, he only has Arionna’s best interests at heart, so I can totally forgive him for that.Overall this book was able to weave in the paranormal elements I love, as well as the romance that I am always drawn to, and then the mythology… as I said I love mythology and I have really high hopes for the next book in this series because we should be able to get even more information about the myth that started everything.