PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Prince of Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book Two) - Kelly Riad This is the second book in the Elves or Arethane series, I was able to participate in a book tour for the first book, and I loved it! So when I realized that the second book in the series was available I was on Amazon right away! In the first book we got to meet all the characters, and although a lot of the focus was on Emily and Jarrod, the story was basically about Karawyn and what was happening to her magic. In this book, Karawyn is still around, and honestly I cant figure her out, I want to like her… but she always comes across like a b*tch and I just CAN’t like her. She had absolutely no right to ask Emily to help her regardless of what she had to do. Then she just sat around and waited when she KNEW what was going on after venturing inside Emily’s head when she was unconscious! However much I dislike Karawyn, I totally LOVE Emily and Jarrod! They are both such amazing characters, although they depend on each other too much which is evident when their relationship hits a bumpy road. The fact that regardless of what they were experiencing, they were still trying to help each other and it was always so obvious how much they loved each other when they were in the same room! In this book we also meet Toby, who kind of seemed rather useless, and I kept expecting him to be working for Jabrari the whole time, but his main purpose seemed to simply be making Jarrod jealous… although I have it on good authority that he does have a different purpose which will be revealed in the next book (thanks Kelly!) Then there is Dafne, I love her, honestly I do, she is a very good friend to Emily and she is just genuinely nice… however I feel like there is so much more to her… especially after Emily’s conversation with Sable (yea I don’t know who he is either!) and I can not WAIT to learn more about Dafne and find out her story! This series has been fantastic so far, and I am super excited for the next book to come out. I think that the author Kelly has done a fantastic job of building Emily and Jarrods relationship believable... yes in the first book it was a little to much insta-love… but she makes up for it in this book with the heartache, and makes me believe that their type of love is possible! I think of all the books I have read this year this may be my favorite couple!