PaperbookPrincess

PaperbookPrincess

Fractured Light - Rachel McClellan First Thoughts:I picked this book for a book tour because the descriptionof the book sounded to interesting. Unfortunately because it’s the summer and Ihave been crazy busy I have not been able to read it until now… how could I havebeen so stupid?The Main Character:Llona Reese… she was a pretty cool girl, she knew that shewas different, and although she basically out casted herself she tried to liveas normal a life as possible. Light is suppose to be used for good, and shenever wanted to go against that, but she also wanted to keep her independenceand decided that Light can be used for good, but still protect herself. Ireally liked how she wasn’t willing to just be molded into what was ‘expected’of her! I do have to admit, that I was kind of hoping for a bit of a love triangle (cliched? probably) and my choice who the second boy would have been Matt!Love is in the Air:Christian… he was ok asfar as the typical jock/protector thing goes, but his whole “I will protect you”theme was a little to much, especially when he started acting like and treatingher like a girlfriend… then would turn around and be like we can NEVER betogether… I do have hope for him though, I had nothing against him, I just hopehe is a little more exciting in future books.Final Thoughts:Overall I thought this was a pretty decent book, its stillsort of about vampires, the Vykens are just a different version of vampires,they still drink blood but only from Auras because they absorb the ‘Light;within them which allows them to walk in the sun.The one thing I didn’t like is that it was pretty obviouswho the bad guy was as soon as we met him… I like to think and guess a littlemore then this story had me doing. Hopefully in the next book the villain won’tbe so easily recognized.BUT if you are looking for a good fast read, that is prettyoriginal compared to a lot of books available, totally pick this one up it is definitelyworth it!